Monday, April 19, 2010

13 Week bUmPDATE

After a less than awesome first visit to the new doctor, I got a good report and a new sonogram picture!

I arrived at the office at 2:30; 30 minutes early just like I was instructed to do. The paperwork got processed quickly and they had me come to the back. This is when things headed south. I found out that I was only scheduled for a new patient checkup, not the new OB patient appointment--which takes much longer than just a new patient--that I was supposed to have. After several people asking me repeatedly if I was SURE I told them I was an OB patient when I made the appointment--of course I told them! That's why I'm here! My former doctor referred me here because she doesn't do OB anymore! I vividly remember saying THOSE words on the phone! Ok, stepping down from my soap box now--they moved me to a room and told me they'd be back in a few minutes. Forty-five minutes later, the nurse finally comes in and again, asks me if I told them when I made the appointment that I am pregnant. (Cue crying) Now she feels really bad. So I get settled down and then she explains to me the my new doctor is now in the middle of 3--yes 3--emergency deliveries next door at the hospital. Great. So, long story short, after being shuffled from room to room and waiting area to waiting area, in and out of the paper gown multiple times, they finally got all 1 bazillion family health and history questions asked, did my blood work and sonogram (will post pic soon!), and I got to meet the new doctor. Turns out she's wonderful, and I'm so thankful that I was granted the patience to wait. She answered all of my questions openly and honestly, didn't even interrupt me, and just seemed very attuned to my needs. Phew! I was beginning to wonder if I needed to start the new doctor search all over again! So, though it was 5:30 before I left, we got an all healthy report, another appointment in a month, and I think I really like the new doc! And I bought myself an icecream after I left because I was a very good girl at the doctor. :)

How far along: 13 weeks, 2 days


Weight Gain/Loss: Still steady at +2lbs., but my pants keep getting tighter!


Stretch marks: Trying to prevent... slathering on the cocoa butter!


Symptoms: T.I.R.E.D.


Sleep: good


Food Cravings: cheese and carbs (pasta, bread, tortillas...)


What I miss: Jason... I'm at camp all week


What I look forward to: breakfast... and then lunch... and then an afternoon snack... :)


Weekly Wisdom: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~Matthew 6:34 

Have a great week!

~Laci 

1 comment: